Saturday, August 15, 2020

Patterned Papers...

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday!

It's time for a new challenge at Sparkles Monthly and for this challenge we want to see 3 or more Patterned Papers on your cards! 
This is one of my favorite types of challenges because I have a TON of paper... for some reason I just can't stop buying it! :) So today I have a couple of cards to share with you and they feature very cute cat images from Penny Black! 

On my first card I used one of the images out of the 'so love' stamp set... it's stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa, colored with Copics and the sentiment is also from Penny Black. I added some flowers and a little distressing for a feminine touch. 
And on my second card I used one of the images out of the 'Bubbly' stamp set to create a masculine card... it's stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored with Copics and I used a sentiment strip from Simon Says Stamp. 
I hope you can join us and don't forget to pop on over to the main challenge blog to check out the rest of the teams beautiful creations!

Enjoy your weekend and thanks so much for stopping by!
Tammy x

Challenges I would like to enter:
Crafter's Cafe- Dots and/or Stripes
Mod Squad- at least 3 patterned papers
Papercraft- Animals
Penny Black Saturday- Anything Goes + optional: make the sentiment the focus
Sisterhood of Crafters- Masculine (2nd Card)
Show us Your Pussies- Furrything Goes

Other Supplies used:
Papers: Lawn Fawn, My Favorite Things, My Minds Eye & Doodlebug Design
Dies: Avery Elle- stitched rectangles, My Favorite Things- flowers, fishtail flag & stitched circle
 Poppystamps- buttons
Walnut Stain Distress ink & Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher Stapler

21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Tammy! Love how you combined the patterned papers with those adorable images. Pretty papers always seem to smuggle their way home to us, don't they? And it is sometimes to hard to use them. Have a great weekend, stay safe and well, hugs, Valerie

meg said...

Two brilliant makes Tammy, love them both the colour combos are brilliant

Donna said...

Great combination of patterned papers, and darling images on your beautiful catds! Have a great weekend Tammy!

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hi Tammy! This challenge was right up your alley...in fact, I went back through your blog for the past year to find some inspiration for ways to mix my papers! : ) Both of these Penny Black images are perfect and I don't think I could pick a favorite here because these color ways are both beautiful!
Stay safe!
Hugs - Rachelle : )

*Vicki* said...

Well you've knocked this challenge out of the park Tammy! Love how you've paired together your papers by the color theme and pattern! Both of your kitty images are so sweet too! What a fantastic inspiration to use up those papers! I love it and TFS friend! HUGS

Babs said...

Two gorgeous cards Tammy, with loveable images fab layouts and pretty papers..
Babs x

Pia S said...

I love DPs too. I’ve got tons but I can never resist getting more. So this is a challenge theme fit for me. I love PB images too, and both these cards are so sweet. I like your choice of colors for the feminine one, brown and yellow is a good match. The masculine card is beautifully color coordinated too and the faux buttons are fun and decorative details.

Kuni said...

This is super cute Tammy, love the images.
Hugs
Kuni

Darlene said...

FABULOUS cards Tammy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Judy Woodland said...

I LOVE both these cards. They are so well designed and the colors and patterned papers are perfect. Well done!!! Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

Dawn Phillips said...

Two beautiful cards hun. So glad I could give you an excuse to use your paper stash. I too cannot resist more pretty papers. Love Dawn x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous card Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hug Ginny
SUYP Cats Challenges.
My Blog As I do Rodos

Birgit said...

These chubby kitties are adorable and I love the way you used your plaid papers to make them shine. Totally sweet! Thanks so much for linking up to TSOC challenge. Best of luck to you!

Sherri Thacker said...

I've always loved Penny Black stamps and I love your choice of pretty papers! I love it when stripes and polka dots come together!!

cass said...

B0th card are adorable. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation in our Dots and/or Stripes challenge at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

mamawcindy said...

Super cute cards Tammy, the first one is so cheerful. Love the colors and love those cute images. Happy day to you friend.
Cindys-greencricut

Milla said...

Love both of your cards, Tammy, the Penny Black kitties are so sweet and your colouring on them is wonderful! I'm especially enjoying the sunny colour scheme on the first card. Thanks so much for sharing at Penny Black Saturday Challenge!

Lynn McAuley said...

These Penny Black kittens are the cutest EVER!! What sensational cards, Tammy, with your wonderful layouts and fabulous papers!!

Doris P. said...

Oh how cute is this! Love the little critters! Thanks for joining us at Papercraft Challenge.

Diana Soling said...

Oh wow! These kitties are so cute! The colors for both cards really work and they are stunning! Thanks for joining us over at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!!

Anja said...

Super cute Cards :)
Thanks for joining us at Papercraft Challenges.
Anja