Thursday, August 20, 2020

Smile... worry less, giggle more :)

Good morning everyone! 

I've been working on some cute and happy cards to add to my donation box so I thought I would share a few of them with you today :)

I created a couple underwater scenes with the adorable Sea Animals dies from Spellbinders and the So Jelly stamp set from Lawn Fawn. The starfish were stamped in VersaMark ink and heat embossed with white powder. 

On my first card I created the background using the 'Salt Technique' with Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors and coarse sea salt. The die cut sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp and I added some shimmer to the die cut elements with a Wink of Stella pen.
On my second card I created a watercolor wash background with Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers & Mermaid Lagoon Distress ink. Before it was completely dry I splattered some extra water and Peacock Feathers ink. The label sentiments are from Mama Elephant and the google eyes are from my stash.
 And here's a peek of the inside- I love this Paper Smooches sentiment... I think it will put a smile on a child's face for sure!  
Well, that's all for now... thanks so much for stopping by!
Take care, Tammy 

Challenges I would like to enter:
2 Crafty Critter Crazies- Anything Goes with a Critter
Country View Crafts- I do like to be beside the Seaside
Incy Wincy Designs- Mermaids and/or Sea Colors
Mix It Up- Anything Goes + option: Embossing (the starfish are heat embossed)
Simon Says Stamp- Oh So Cute
The Paper Girls- Emboss like a Boss (the starfish are heat embossed w/white powder
Try It On Tuesday- Splash and Splatter

18 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful cards love the vibrant colours and your die cut sea creatures especially the ones with the googly eyes

Valerie-Jael said...

I love these happy cards, and the lovely colours. Great idea to donate them, too. And thanks so much for joining us at TIOT, much appreciated. Have a great day, take care! Hugs, Valerie

Mia said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Try it on Tuesday
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh golly these are fantastic, what great makes, I love the inside too. Think its been that here thought out the pandemic, lots of giggles to get us though the days!! Hazelx

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh how fun are these!! I love doing that salted background technique! You've chosen some fantastic colors to create with and I just love those googly eyes on the creatures! Really cute designs here Tammy!

Kuni said...

Wonderful cards Tammy.
Hugs
Kuni

papierelle said...

A very refreshing card. Who wouldn't want to play with them in the water now?
Hugs Gundi

Craftyfield said...

Cheerful and fun cards! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges this month!

Karen Page said...

Super fun cards! I love the cute underwater images and the color combo you used. I especially like the 2nd card with the darker blue as I love the contrast it provides. Thank you for sharing this with us at 2CCC and I hope you'll be back soon with your next critter creation!
~Karen Page, DT Member for 2 Crafty Critter Crazies
Blog: MisplacedMojo.com IG: @misplacedmojo

Maria Giselle B. said...

Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Mermaids/Sea Colours Challenge. Good luck!

Dawn Phillips said...

I love the sentiment and the bright cheerfulness of these. Haven't done the salt thing for years. I may have to try that again. Love Dawn x

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Beautiful cards! Love the underwater scenes and the the color you've used! Awesome!!
Hugs, take care & stay safe

Lynn McAuley said...

What a delightful under-the-sea creation, Tammy!! These critters certainly bring on the giggles!! Love it!

Donna said...

What beautiful cheerful scenes, these will definitely brightened the recipients day@

Sarah said...

Great cards Tammy and I love your colour choice here xx

Monika Gulyas said...

These cards are adorable and beautifully made!!! Thank you for joining the August challenge of the Country View Challenges!

Pia S said...

Cheerful cards indeed! Super mix of greens and blues for both backgrounds and creatures. Love how you did the inside as well.

Mrs.B said...

Great cards Tammy,
This is a lovely card,
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday,
Avril x