Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Happy Trails to you Buckaroo...

Good morning everyone! 

Today I wanted to share a really fun masculine birthday card with you! It features one of the images out of the 'Wild West' digi bundle from Vera Lane Studio- Isn't that cowboy cute?! And he was so fun to color! With that huge mustache he kinda reminds me of Tom Selleck or maybe Sam Elliott! LOL! 
Anyway, for background I added some Faded Jeans Distress Ink to the Numeric (Tim Holtz/Sizzix) embossing folder, spritz it with water and ran it through my Cuttlebug machine using a piece of blue cs. I colored the image with Copics, fussy cut it out and then added detailing with a with Posca pen, the sentiment is from The Cat's Pajamas. I used a Pink & Main die for the stitched rounded rectangle, a Lawn Fawn die for the grass and Taylored Expressions dies for the clouds. I cut the succulents out of a dark brown cs using Spellbinders dies and then I added a few 'star' like flowers to the saguaro cactus.

Well that's it for now- thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog today!
Take care, 
Tammy x

Challenges I would like to enter:
Artsystamper- It's A Guy Thing
Creative Craft Cottage- Make it Masculine
Happy Little Stampers- Always Anything Goes with Dies

16 comments:

Sarah said...

A fabulous card and I think he is more Sam Elliott...LOVE that guy, particularly in Mask and Roadhouse!! A fabulous composition as always Tammy. Stay well xx

meg said...

fabulous image (I think a bit like Tom Selleck too) and a wonderful layout a great card

jimlynn said...

Ummmm..... I"ll go with Sam Elliot anytime! LOVE! !
LOVE your fun card. Very cute background and of course the image is fantastic! Lynn

Donna said...

What a fabulous and fun masculine card, I like the blue/brown color combo and all the dimension you created on it! I'd say Tom Selleck.

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hey Tammy! This one's a winner!!! I love that sheriff and the numbered background is perfect as the sky image. There's something about kraft paper with denim/gray/white that works as the perfect color palette! I'm just waiting for him to order a cold sarsaparilla!
Hugs - Rachelle : )

Mia said...

Beautiful card, Tammy! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Try it on Tuesday
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Kuni said...

What a fantastic nad fun card Tammy.
Hugs
Kuni

Lynn McAuley said...

A Texas delight! My current county sheriff looks exactly like this lawman, mustache and all!! I love this fabulous card, Tammy!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh what a cutie he is Tammy! I love your numbered background full of texture along with your colors and western scene for your cowboy! My dad is a Western fan and loves John Wayne stuff, so I'm always looking at inspiration like this! Thanks for sharing! :)

papierelle said...

Yes, that's what cowboys look like !! Funny card!! Hugs Gundi

Witchcrafted Life said...

He's wonderfully cute and charming! I could easily see him starring in an animated movie or a children's book.

What a delightfully fun card. The embossed background is seriously awesome!

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Darlene said...

OMG this is so cute Tammy! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog!
Darlene
ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop by for a visit.

Mrs.B said...

A great card Tammy, love that cute guy and his background looks fabulous.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday, Avril x

Pia S said...

Haha, he does ressemble the 2 actors mentioned. This is a cool guy design, so fun with the cacti die cuts too.

Margaret said...

He is a cutie. Great man card. Thanks for joining us at International Art & Soul. Maggie, DT

Joan said...

What a fun card, love that cowboy

Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday challenge

Joan