Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Go to your Happy Place!

Good morning everyone!

Today I wanted to share my latest Art Journal page... 
I found this adorable applique pattern online and thought it was so cute! I printed it out and traced a few of the elements onto some pretty patterned papers, the other shapes were cut out using My Favorite things dies. I used Viva Decor glitter paste & MFT Sunrise Radiating Rays stencil for the sun and MFT dies for the clouds. The stamped sentiment is from Cardz TV and the sentiment stickers are from Tim Holtz. I used a Fisker stamp for the swirls and Antique Linen & Brushed Corduroy ink for the distressing.

In 2017 my husband and I purchased a new RPod camper/trailer! It's only 19 feet long but it has all of the comforts of home, unlike the pop-up trailer we had for 20 years. It has a queen bed, a wet bath, a refrigerator, gas stove and you can't see it in the photos below but on the other side the whole kitchen area slides out! I love it!!! Perfect for 3-4 nights of camping which we do several times a year during the months of May-October. And we have another one coming up real soon :)

Here it is in front of our house, were loading it up and waiting to leave on a trip, I love the retro shape!
And here's another picture, we are getting ready to enjoy a couple of cocktails and if you look closely you can see Quinn sitting near his daddy.   
And here's Maddie looking precious in her chair enjoying the mountain air!  
Well that's all for now... Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Take care, Tammy 

Challenges I would like to enter:
Art-Journal-Journey- Erika's theme: When it's hot (we head to the mountains to go camping)
Stamps & Fun = Creativity- Vacation/Holiday
 Try It On Tuesday- Summertime
Use Your Stuff- Summer Fun

23 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page, just beautiful, and I'm in love with your camper. It is so smart! How lovely to be able to take off in it and enjoy a few days away. And Maddie is such a cutie! Have a great day, take care, hugs, Valerie

Sarah said...

What a fantastic page Tammy. I love the papers you have used for the little caravan. Great pictures too of your adventures!! We had a static 'van' when we were kids in the 70's of the old round shape xx

mamawcindy said...

Your journal page is so cute! I have always wanted a camper. I used to do the whole tent thing. I have to many bad experiences. Flat air mattresses, Pouring down rain like your standing under a waterfall. No never again. Would only go if I had a camper. Yours is so cute and your doggies are so cute to. Hope you have a great week.
cindys-greencricut

meg said...

A fabulous image and card,love your sentiment,your camper van seems to be your happy place

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is such a sweet page and I LOVE your camper, it looks amazing, what a great shape!! The dogs will love getting away for a trip in it!! Love Hazelx

Lynn McAuley said...

Wow, Tammy!! I love this awesome card and your fabulous camper even more!! It looks absolutely perfect for the two of you and Quinn and Maddie!! Wishing you joy and rejuvenation on your upcoming adventure!!

My name is Erika. said...

Tammy this is such a fun page. I love your little travel trailer. I think Quinn and Maddie do too. It is so nice you can take them along. And your pageis is super. That is a cute pattern. Thanks so much for linking up with us at Art Journal Journey. Much appreciated. Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

And I forgot to say Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday also!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Art definitely imitates life. I love your camper you cut and pieced together. It is SO well done and really charming. It looks very similar to your real camper. This is a gem. It's also perfect for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey, too. Thanks for sharing it and your real camper with us. I can only imagine the fun you must get from this camper each year.

papierelle said...

I'm thrilled with it. It's so clever and so great. And I see that you are also very big camping fans. We too and we will go on trips this year too.

Meggymay said...

A fabulous page, I love how you created the sweet caravan. Enjoy your caravan away times, they are the best way to relax and enjoy the summer.
Thank you for linking with us at Art Journal Journey.
Yvonne

Kuni said...

Such a stunning card Tammy.
Hugs
Kuni

Mia said...

Beautiful page! I love campers too!
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Try it on Tuesday
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Donna said...

Your journal page is fabulous, love every detail! The camper looks like yours! Glad you included pictures in your post!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

the camper is so cute and the dog likes it too. Have fun camping!
Greetings Elke

Mariann Jakobsen said...

This is so nice! Love your journal page, your Retro-Camper and of course your cute dog ❤️
Wish you a great summer!

Neet said...

What a lovely page that really makes one feel the sun is shining and everyone is happy as they take off for summer vacations. Love the retro shape of your real camper. It looks so smart with that stripe (curved one) running down the side. Certainly looks like the whole family enjoy the trips in it
Hugs, Neet xx

Dawn Phillips said...

I love the fact that this still has an applique feel to it. We have a folding camper for years when Patrick was growing up and we had some amazing holidays in it. Now there is just the two of us we have a Mazda Bongo camper. I can't wait until August when we get to go on our first trip of the year. Corona cancelled our previous plans. Love Dawn x

Sharon Fritchman said...

Tammy, your work of art is absolutely beautiful! I love everything about it, especially the retro feel of the camper, the sun, and your sentiment! I especially liked seeing your very own camper. It looks like a wonderful place to enjoy summer vacations. Your fur baby looks like she is enjoying it, too!!! Hugs, Sharon

nwilliams6 said...

Your page is so happy and fun, Tammy. How cool you have a similar glamper as well. Makes the page even better. Love everything about the page - super papers, camper, and message. WELL DONE! Hugz

Pia S said...

Fun use of patterned papers to make your camper. Beautiful scene!

Doris P. said...

Oh, how cute is this! Love the Paper. Thanks for joining us at S+F=C.

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hi Tammy! I love everything about this journal page! The pattern paper, the layout and the sentiment! It's perfect! I love your camper! We have been looking at a teardrop for a couple of years now but after seeing yours, we spent hours looking into the RPod! Thanks so much for sharing! : )
Hugs - Rachelle