Monday, May 11, 2020

Bloom & Grow...

Hello everyone- Happy Monday! 

Today I'm sharing my latest Art Journal/Calendar page with you. And for my page this month I wanted to created a 'May Flowers' themed project and I used the fun Botanical stencil from American Crafts/Vicki Boutin for my inspiration... I love this stencil! 
To start- I created my background using a smooshing technique with acetate, Cracked Pistachio & Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide inks. One dry, I stenciled my flowers in Cracked Pistachio ink and then using Altenew snowing stamp I stamped the snow/dots in Abandoned Coral ink. I cut 3 different sizes of circles for the flowers and trimmed them so they would resemble the stenciled flowers. I think they turned out pretty good but the leaves didn't look right placed under the flowers so I glued them under the black centers :)

Well, that's all for today... thanks so much for stopping by!
Take care, Tammy

Challenges I would like to enter:
A Place to Start- Custom Background 
A Vintage Journey- Beautiful Blooms 
Art-Journal-Journey- Mia's Flowers theme
Crafty Friends- Flowers
Daring Cardmakers- Inky Background

Other supplies used:
StampsAmerican Crafts (bloom & grow sentiment), Taylored Expressions (may flowers sentiment)
 Waffle Flower (calendar) Paper Artsy (tiny circles) 
Dies- My Favorite Things- circles, stitched leaves, flower center & rectangle
miscellaneous die for numbers
white Posca pens & white acrylic paint  

24 comments:

meg said...

you created a beautiful background for the flower heads and I love the way you placed the leaves under the black centres

jimlynn said...

Pretty stencil and a wonderful journal calendar page. LOVE the color combination you used Tammy,
Lynn

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a gorgeous journal page Tammy, love ghe bright and cheerful patterns and colours. Just right on a grey day like this. Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

Kuni said...

This is wonderful Tammy.
Hugs
Kuni

Pia S said...

Using a circle die to make your own flowers is such a great idea, one I might want to borrow in the future. Love the look, kind of 70s style. Cool!

My name is Erika. said...

I can see what you love this stenciled. And I really love those flowers you die cut. I have them and they are very fun. And you used such great May colors. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Art Journal Journey. Hugs-Erika

Babs said...

Lovely stencil tammy and you have created a beautiful background , love the bright summery colours of your gorgeous journal calendar page.
Babs x

Meggymay said...

The stencil looks so pretty and is a beautiful background for your calendar page. Thank you for linking up with Mia's theme at Art Journal Journey, the flowers looked great.
Yvonne

Donna said...

Fabulous journal/calendar page, always love your backgrounds and the flowers you created to match turned out fabulous!

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is a super journal page, I love the colours, Hazelx

Dawn Phillips said...

This is beautiful hun. Love Dawn x

Mia said...

Lovely page, Tammy! I love the flower background! Thank you so joining my challenge at AJJ! Kisses!

papierelle said...

Beautiful colours and a very modern design!! Like it!! Hugs Gundi

*Vicki* said...

Oh how clever to create an AJ with the calendar!! I love the way you've transitioned the colors in the background here and added your circle/dot theme to the over all design! Thanks for sharing your inspiration!

nwilliams6 said...

Fab stenciling, Tammy. Love the mix of stencils/stamps and colors. The leaves in the middle of the flowers is super fun!!! Great journaling page. Hugz

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this fabulous explosion of May flowers, Tammy! So bright and beautiful!!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Fabulous design! I adore the creamy citrus hues here. They have an ice cream-esque quality to them, IMO. What a cheerful, terrific calendar page for this bright and beautiful month.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Rachelle Oltean said...

I really like this journal page! It has an Asian 'kimono' pattern feel for me and I like the simple color palette! I really look forward to these page posts...I can't wait to see what you create next!
Rachelle : )

Neet said...

I can understand you liking that stencil so much - and it works perfectly on this floral page. Love the colours you have used and the layout is great.
Must comment on your little dog's raincoat - so cute, just love it.
Hugs, Neet xx

Becca Sadler said...

This is a wonderful mixed media calendar page! It's so vibrant and artsy! Thanks for sharing with us at APTS blog for the custom background challenge!--Becca/RD

Diane Louise J said...

Hello... your floral calendar page is lovely and it fits perfectly with the flowers challenge at Crafty Friends. Hope you will join again very soon.
Diane Louise (Team Leader)

Helen said...

A beautiful, cheery calendar page.

Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Friends Challenge Blog.

Helen x

Deb said...

Fabulous colours and love that bold pattern! Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey for our Beautiful Blooms challenge, Deb xo

Chana Malkah said...

Beautifully done! Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

I apologize for the tardiness of this comment!