Wednesday, January 8, 2020

a new year is on the way...

Good morning everyone! 

Today I have an Art Journal/Calendar page to share with you... I wanted to make a page that I could hang in my craft room and then in February I'll add the page to my 8x8 journal! And who knows I might make a few more calendar pages because I had so much fun making this one! :)

It features a new Digi Stamp from Vera Lane Studio... isn't she adorable?! She colored with Copics and the sentiment is computer generated. The 'create' die from Taylored Expressions, I used my new number dies from AlinaCrafts and the mini calendar stamp set is also new.
 And here's a close up of this little cutie!
For the background I used these supplies:
Peacock Feathers, Mowed Lawn & Mermaid DO inks
Peacock Feathers DI & black archival ink
Rangers Old School Number stencil & American Crafts/Vicki Boutin flower stencil
texture paste, rub-on stickers, Washi tape & a Posca pen

That's all for now... thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog today!
Tammy x

Challenges I would like to enter:
Art Journal Journey- Something New (new stamps, dies & New Year)
Ching-chou Kuik Digital Stamps- New Year, Beginnings or New Crafty Stash
Crafty Friends- Something New (new stamps, dies & New Year)
Dream Valley(C10) Something New (new stamps & dies)
Fab n Funky- No Designer Paper
More Mixed Media- Anything Goes/Optional Blue
Simon Says Stamp Monday- something new (new stamps, dies & New Year)
Try It On Tuesday- What a cutie/Make someone smile today

22 comments:

Babs said...

Hi Tammy I love your fun Art journal page you have created looks like you had so much fun,
Babs x

Kuni said...

This is stunning Tammy, love the colors.
Hugs
Kuni

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous page! I love the colours that you used and your new digi stamp is so adorable 😁. It looks like you had so much fun creating this and what a great idea to display the page as a calender and then add it to your art journal later! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey by using your new stamps and dies and celebrating the New Year, and also for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday with the cute Digi stamp! Happy New Year! Hugs, Jo x

meg said...

Fabulous page Tammy love the colours and image but most of all your sentiment

*Vicki* said...

What a really cute and fun AJ calendar page Tammmy! Love the way you've done your background and colors on this! Such a great idea to do for each month and then put in your journal! Love that! :) HUGS

kathyinozarks said...

I love your calender page-this is a neat idea to enjoy for a month and then add to your journal-yes she is a sweetie Kathy

Donna said...

What a cool mixed media journal page, like the saying, background, the darling girl and how you are using it for a calendar for a month, very inspiring!

Diane Louise J said...

Hello... it’s so lovely to see you have shared one of your gorgeous projects with us. Thanks for entering your calendar into our ‘Something New’ Challenge. Loving the quirky digi image. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Meggymay said...

A fantastic journal calendar page. Your new image looks so cute and she did make me smile when I saw her. Thank you so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey and for linking with Try it on Tuesdays. Your page fits both themes so well.
Yvonne

My name is Erika. said...

This is such a fun page. And the sentiment is so true! 2020 should be a good year to create. Thanks so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday. And I love your dogs. I have a Maddie alsol Hugs-Erika

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is so colorful and fun! I so love the vibrant look of it! The Vera Lang digi stamps are so fun too! I hope you make more- love this!!!

Rosie said...

This is a magical calender journal page.

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Your journal is so beautiful the color and so playful and great idea !!!
Greetings Elke

papierelle said...

Great!!! And the saying fits perfectly !! So it can only be a good year.
Hugs Gundi

Corry said...

What a beautiful journal , i love the colors
you also have a nice blog. I started to follow you. I want to invite you to come and take a look at my blog and maybe you would like to follow me too
My blog is corryscardandcreations
Hugs Corry

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an adorable little girl and a fabulous idea to create a journal page that contains a calendar. It's lovely and so is she. The background is great and the little girl is colored so well, too. Thank you for joining us at Art Journal Journey, Tammy.

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hi Tammy! I love this idea of creating a new calendar journal page! This one is beautiful and in all of my favorite colors - greens, teal and turquoise! This is very cool!
Hugs - Rachelle : )

Pia S said...

She’s whimsically cute, look at those eyelashes! So fun. Great colors and background stamping, it’s artsy and cool.

Lynn McAuley said...

How awesome, Tammy!! I love every perfect detail of this amazing calendar page!!

Monika Reeck said...

the 2020 is cool DIES
and love the number on your BG Tammy
really creative BG you made nowadays and I love them all
cute Image
great and so creative one this Page
hugs
Monika

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Ching-Chou Kuik's Digital Stamps. We hope to see you again.
~ DT Sherry xx

Grandma Bonnie said...

So very cute, Tammy! I love it! Thank you for sharing with us at Ching Chou Kuik Challenge!
Ching Chou Kuik DT - Bonnie