Thursday, November 21, 2019

Do What You Love...

Good morning everyone! 

Today I have an Art Journal Page to share with you... my very first one! I've been wanting to start a Art Journal for some time now and after browsing the Internet and seeing all of the beautiful pages created with this 8x8 black Creative Journal I thought I would give it a try! I love the idea of creating whatever you want... art journal pages, collages and mixed media projects and then adding it to this journal! 

My page was created with several inks, ink sprays, stencils and stamps. The gorgeous 'Zen Butterfly' stamp is from Lavinia Stamps... 
here's a close up so you can see the layered butterfly better. The sentiments are from Tim Holtz 'small talk' sticker book- I think these phrases are perfect for my first Art Journal page :)
I'm very happy with the way this page turned out because it represents some of my favorite things: bright colors, mixed media and butterflies!! I can't wait to make another page!

 That's all for now... thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog today!
Tammy x

Challenges I would like to enter:
Creative Artiste- Anything Mixed Media Goes
Lavinia World-ATG Goes Using Rubber Or Clear Stamps
More Mixed Media- Anything Goes/Optional Black
Morgan's ArtWorld- Anything Goes
We Love 2 Create- Always Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes
The Artistic Stamper- Mix it Up (inks, sprays, stencils & Stamps)

Supplies Used:
Stamps- Lavinia Stamps (butterfly), Bo Bunny (faux stitching), Darkroom Door (mesh), Hero Arts (small flower)
Inks- Dylusions Fresh Lime Spray ink, Spiced Marmalade DI, Spiced Marmalade DO Spray & Ranger Archival ink 
Stencils- Carabelle Studio Ethnic & Rangers Spring Bloom
Tim Holtz- sentiment stickers

24 comments:

jimlynn said...

Oh WOW! WOW! WOW!!! Tammy, this is sensational! So beautiful and I love the butterflies. Gorgeous!!!
Lynn

Babs said...

What a beautiful background those colours are so zesty , love the butterflies too.
Babs x

Dawn Phillips said...

That's so eye catching. Love the citrus colours. Love Dawn x

*Vicki* said...

Yay!! So very excited and happy to see you creating your very first AJ page Tammy!! I absolutely LOVE this so much! Your colors are something that really stands out in your creations and seeing in your AJ page is amazing! Love that sentiment so much and thank you for the inspiration with this as I haven't done a page in such a long time! I hope to see more of these from you!! HUGS

Ina G said...

Wow Tammy you have created a stunner here for your first Journal Page. So much to look at with the amazing layers and those butterflies are TDF. Of course your bright colours makes this really pop. Look forward to seeing your next page.

Lori Kobular said...

That Zen butterfly is beautiful and I love the background you created on this card! Your journal page is awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenges!

papierelle said...

Wow!! This is so stunning!!! It's amazing that it's your first page. I can not believe it because it is so perfect!!
Hugs Gundi

Beall Insurance Group said...

I love how you left the butterflies the same color as your background and they still pop off the page. Thank you for crafting with us at Lavinia World Challenges. Vicki- DT

Kuni said...

This is stuning Tammy, love the colours.
Hugs
Kuni

Pink Panoply said...

The background on your card is amazing and I love your beautiful color palette. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld. We hope to see you again.
~ Nancy DT

Ina G said...

Hey Tammy back with my D hat on. Again I will say how I love your journal page with so much colour, stamping and those beautiful butterflies just steal the show. So glad you shared it with us at Creative Artiste MM Challenge.

Donna said...

This is gorgeous Tammy, your background is stunning, I like the combination of cheery colors and your butterflies are perfect on a journal page!

Aimeslee Winans said...

So bright and pretty! xoxo

Anne Temple said...

WOW!!! This is FANTASTIC! I love the bright colors on your art journaling page. Great design too. So glad you shared it with us for the Lavinia World Challenges #14. :-)

Lynn McAuley said...

This is stunning work, Tammy!! What a beauty!

Steph Ackerman said...

Beautiful Tammy!

Debbie Sherman said...

Gorgeous card Tammy! Thanks for playing along with Lavinia World challenges!

Alina Florea said...

Stunning card! Thank you for sharing them with us over at Lavinia World Challenge! Hugs, Alina DT

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is beautiful, it would make anyone want to journal. Thank you so much for joining us in our Morgan's Artworld Challenge at Morgan's Artworld Challenge this week. We would love to see you again in our next challenge.

Faith Morgans Artworld DT

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow gorgeous bright colours it is so beautiful. Lovely work here.
Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld. We hope to see you again.
~ Annette DT

Julie Odil said...

WOW! I am in love with this! The colors are gorgeous, of course the theme is wonderful, and I love how you used the Lavinia Stamps. Thanks so much for joining us at Lavinia World Challenges. Julie, DT member

Lena said...

This is such a happy card. Love the beautiful colours and the lovely butterflies.
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lavinia World Challenges. We hope to see you again next time. Have a wonderful day.
♥ Lena ~ DT
Lavinia World
Lena’s Creations

Grandma Bonnie said...

Tammy, what a beautifully colored card! I love it! Thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenge #14!
Lavinia World DT - Bonnie