Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Kaleidoscope Shrink Plastic Earrings...

Good morning everyone!

Today starts a new challenge at Back to Basics and Beyond and this time we would like you to create a card or project with Shrink Plastic

I've only used shrink plastic one other time so I wasn't sure what I was going to do but after looking online I decided to make a pair of fun earrings! I cut a couple of circles out of the plastic, punched a small hole in each for the jump ring and then stamped them with the awesome Kaleidoscope background stamp from Simon Says Stamp. 
I also made a card with the same background stamp... the painted 'thanks' die is from Simon Says Stamp and the Fishtail banner is from My Favorite Things. 
Here's a close up of the earrings... I haven't  made any jewelry in such a long time and felt a bit rusty especially with the wire wrapping but I think overall they turned out pretty cute! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over to the main challenge blog to check out the rest of the teams beautiful creations!

Challenges I would like to enter:
Altered Eclectics- Anything Goes (just my earrings)
Crafty Catz- Anything goes with opitional twist: Female
Love to Craft- Anything Goes
Moving along with the Times- Black and White Only
Penny Black and More- Feminine with Anything Goes option (2nd entry)
Polkadoodles- (C10) Anything Goes 

20 comments:

Sherri Thacker said...

WOW! These earrings are so nice! I wouldn't have thought to do this!! Great idea!

Donna said...

I like black and white because the resulting cards tend to be so elegant and crisp like yours, beautiful, and your earrings are fantastic, great idea!

Kuni said...

This is so wonderful Tammy.
Hugs
Kuni

papierelle said...

That's great. I like the background and the earrings are wonderful. Great work.
Hugs Gundi

jimlynn said...

Oh wow Tammy! Both the card and the earrings are fantastic!! Love both of them. I've never worked with the shrink plastic and this makes me want to now. VERY pretty!
lYnn

brenda said...

Your card looks very striking in the monochromatic tones and how lovely to receive it along with the matching earrings. Thanks so much for joining us at Penny Black and More 'Feminine' theme this month.

B x

meg said...

Great card Tammy , love love the earings

Tanza Erlambang said...

nice earring...love it

*Vicki* said...

Wow Tammy!! You really rocked on those earrings!! I love them and I love how you've used the background stamp for the pattern design too!! The black and white colored card with the sparkle thanks sentiment is a perfect card to go with your gift!! Thanks for sharing!! HUGS

Dawn Phillips said...

This is such a brilliant idea. Those earrings are fabulous. Love Dawn x

Lucille K said...

Wow, Tammy!! Your card and earrings are fantastic. Never made jewelry, but you've inspired me with those pretty earrings :)

Koraliki Beaty said...

Wow this is so nice set !

Good luck in our Polkadoodles Challenge

Best regards DT Beata

jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts said...

These are gorgeous and I love the matching card, really cool x

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Tammy, this is one gorgeous card, not to mention the fantastic gift to accompany it! It's lovely! Thanks for sharing your crafty project at the Moving Along With the Times Challenge Blog, and for supporting us. We hope you will visit again.

Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Ina G said...

Simply lovely card in black and white Tammy and those earings are stunning. I have never used shrink plastic - seem to be one of those elements that went out of vogue. So glad you showed us just how fabulous it is.

Wendy L said...

Your card and gift look fab, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxx

Catie Cuddles said...

Excellent earrings! C xxx ps the matching card is also fab!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card with a lovely background stamp, Tammy, and the earrings are lovely! I’ve never used shrink plastic but it sounds like fun. Thank you so much for playing along with the Penny Black and More challenge.
Linda

Lynn McAuley said...

They turned out MAJOR cute, Tammy!! How awesome!!

Kim said...

Cute idea. I love the matching set. Thank you for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.