Monday, December 27, 2021

Taking a blog break due to a family emergency...

Hello everyone-

I wanted to pop in today and let you know that I will be taking a couple of months off to take care of my husband. He's been very sick for about a month and has been in and out of the hospital 3 times. At first they told us it was Osteoporosis but on the 23rd of December he was actually diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma a blood cancer. We are both in shock and my heart is truly breaking. He is only 56 yrs old so this cancer is rare for someone his age. He had his first Chemo treatment on Christmas Eve and I was finally able to bring him home from the hospital Christmas night. A true Christmas gift. 

I can't do any type of crafting right now and my husband needs my full attention. It's going to be a couple of difficult months. He is in so much pain and this type of cancer makes him very week because the blood cancer attacks the bones and in his case dissolves part of them. 

We are extremely happy with his new Oncologist/Hematologist and I'm sure he will get the best possible care. I'm staying positive for him and myself and pray that his treatment works well and makes him stronger.

Take care & hugs, Tammy 


17 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

I am so sorry to read this Tammy sending postive thoughts and vibes -you take care too
Carol x

Valerie-Jael said...

So sorry, Tammy. Sending you hugs and prayers. Stay strong, stay safe! Hugs, Valerie

meg said...

So sorry to read your news Tammy,my thoughts are with you,hoping your husband responds well to treatment and the pain is relieved

Rachelle Oltean said...

Dear Tammy - I can’t tell you how sorry I am to hear this. You will be in my prayers and I appreciate you posting this so I can pray for him. Take care of you, too. Thinking of you.
Hugs- Rachelle

Sarah said...

Oh Tammy, I am so very sorry to read this. Sending you love and strength xx

Witchcrafted Life said...

Sweet Tammy, tears are streaming down my face as I type these words. I am sorry beyond all measure for what you and your husband are enduring. Thank you deeply for sharing such an intimate part of your life here with us publically.

Please know that your readers understand, are here for you, and will be hoping/praying in unison with you regarding your husband's health.

Sending unending hugs, strength, support and love to you both.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

PS: If you ever need/want someone to talk to about absolutely anything in the universe, please do not hesitate to email me. Sometimes having an outlet to vent and/or just get your feelings out, in general, can make a world of difference when your own world has suddenly had the rug pulled out from beneath its feet.

Babs said...

My heart goes out to you, and i prey that his treatment gives him some sort of pain relief sending big hugs Tammy take care

Big hugs
Babs x

Donna said...

Tammy, I will be sending lots of prayers to both of you. Hugs, Donna

Shelly Schmidt said...

Tammy- my heart goes out to you and your husband. There have been great strides in the treatment of this cancer in the last few decades. I will keep you in prayers!

Dawn Phillips said...

Praying for you both hun. Love Dawn x

Vickie Y said...

Tammy, I will keep you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers. (Vickie Y from Sparkles Monthly Challenge DT)

*Vicki* said...

Oh Tammy, I'm so very sorry to see this post about your husband! Please know that I'm thinking of you and wishing you much needed strength to get through this challenge. Biggest hugs

Cazro said...

My heart goes out to you both. Sending you my thoughts and prayers. I hope the next few months, though difficult will give your husband some peace. Take care and know you are able to reach out if and when you need to. Caz. xx

Lynn McAuley said...

Tammy, my heart and prayers are with you and your sweet husband during this difficult time. I know from family experience that doctors do amazing things for those with this type cancer.

mamawcindy said...

Tammy I just thought that I hadn't visited you for awhile and would come and see what you have been up to. I wish I had come over sooner. I have already said a prayer and I will continue. Hugs to you!

Sakuranko said...

My best wishes to you darling

Donna said...

Continuing to think of you and your husband and sending prayers Tammy. Hugs, Donna