Sunday, November 15, 2020

Fall Friends...

Good morning everyone!

It's time for a new challenge at Sparkles Monthly and this month we want you to use your stencils... I love working with stencils! :)

I made a couple of cards and they feature the adorable 'Fall Friends' stamp set from My Favorite things. The images were colored with Copics, cut out with the coordinating dies and then I added a few highlights with a white Posca Pen. I used the same two stencils on each card- My Favorite Things Confetti stencil & Tim Holtz Burlap stencil.

On my first card I used Carved Pumpkin, Fossilized Amber & Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide inks for the background. I also mixed Carved Pumpkin ink with Viva Decor glitter paste to give my cards a little sparkle. 
On my second card I stenciled Barn Door DOI through the burlap stencil instead of Gathered Twigs and I really like how it turned out! The Barn Door ink faded into a coral- pinkish color which gives this Thanksgiving card a feminine feel! 
And here's a picture of how I finished the insides plus I stamped a row of birds across the bottom of an envelope :)
I hope you can join us and don't forget to pop on over to the main challenge blog to check out the rest of the teams beautiful cards!

Thanks so much for stopping by and for the comments you leave!
Tammy x

Challenges I would like to enter:
Crafty CatzAnything Goes W/option twist: Outside Pursuits 
Creative ArtisteAnything Mixed Media Goes
 Die Cut Divas- Thanks or Thanksgiving
 Lavinia World- Anything Goes Using Rubber Or Clear Stamps
Mix It Up- Anything Goes + option: Make your own Background
Simon Says Stamp- Thanks/Thanksgiving

20 comments:

meg said...

the weather is dull and dismal here, your bright colours and fabulous card made me smile

Valerie-Jael said...

Your cards are gorgeous - bright and cheery, sweet images and lovely colours. You finish everything so well, too, with the row of birds, for example - just lovely! Have a wonderful Sunday, take acre and stay safe! Hugs, Valerie

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, what a cute card, hope you are having a good weekend, Hazel xx

Babs said...

Beautiful and colourful Card Tammy your image is ever so cute a lovely Thanks giving card.
Bags x

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hey Tammy! Whenever I think of stencils - I think TAMMY! You are truly the master of this technique and this card is no exception! You always seem to know the right designs to combine and your color layering is spot on! This bright warm palette is the perfect example! Love this card! Take care!
Rachelle : )

Dawn Phillips said...

Love these cheery cards. I like the fact you've used two stencils. They work so well together. Love Dawn x

Kuni said...

Wonderful and cute card Tammy.
Hugs
Kuni

Chris said...

So bright and cheerful, love the scarecrow and the stencilling. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
Chris
x

Donna said...

Your cards are so cute and your background is fantastic! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours will be small but special.

Alina Florea said...

Perfect autumn card! Thank you for sharing it with us over at Lavinia World Challenge! Hugs, Alina DT

Witchcrafted Life said...

Oh my stars, these are sooo fabulously adorable. I really adore scarecrows and crafts depicting them - I even went as a scarecrow for Halloween two years ago (doing so was a blast!).

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

tilly said...

what a lovely bright and cute card, thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge
Tilly

Grandma Bonnie said...

Your card totally made my day. So sweet! Thank you for sharing at Lavinia World Challenge!
Lavinia World DT - Bonnie

Lynn McAuley said...

Such fabulous autumn cards with your bold yellows and oranges. Love this happy scarecrow and sweet birds!! Awesome designs, Tammy!

*Vicki* said...

Your colors are absolutely brilliant here Tammy! I love your stenciled backgrounds with your oxide blending in the background! Such a cute design with the images! Thanks for sharing!

Pia S said...

Your stenciling adds interest to the brightly colored backgrounds and I love your choice of stamps - so cute! Great job on the inside and on the envelops as well.

Shwu-Miin said...

This is such an adorable card! Love the cheery colors! Thanks for sharing it at lavinia world challenge!

Ania said...

This is amazing! thank you very much for your entry to the Lavinia World challenge blog:
https://laviniaworldchallenges.blogspot.com/

nwilliams6 said...

Love the colors and fun, sweet, and happy images and words. Super well done mixed media cards! I always love seeing what you are up to!

Arlene said...

Nice bright cheerful colors. Adorable card. So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas for our November challenge.