Friday, August 30, 2019

Birthday Succulents...

Good morning everyone and happy Friday! 

Today I wanted to share another card that I created with a few of the gorgeous succulent plants from Vera Lane Studio.
The images were colored with Copics, the label sentiment is from Altenew and the stitched rounded rectangle is from Pink & Main. I created a watercolor wash background with Mowed Lawn, Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock Feathers Oxide inks. Once dry- I applied more Peacock Feathers ink through Simon Says Stamp Grid stencil.

I love how this card turned out because I used some of my favorite colors and I love succulents! We have several indoor succulent plants, two of them are over 5 feet tall and many are 25+ years old thanks to my husband... he has the green thumb in the family :) 

Enjoy your weekend and thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog today! 
Tammy x

Challenges I would like to enter:
a2z Scrapbooking- Birthday
Colourific- Anything Goes
Polkadoodles- Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday- "S" is For? (succulents, stitched die & SSS stencil)
Simon Says Wednesday- Anything Goes
The House That Stamps Built- Anything Goes
WaterCooler Wednesday- (C8) All About Occasions

18 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

Tammy that is stunning. I love those colours. Love Dawn x

*Vicki* said...

Wow, this card is so stunning Tammy! I absolutely love that background and how you've used the stencil in the process! The succulent images are awesome with it and congrats on your green thumb hubby! Really awesome inspiration today! Thanks for sharing my friend! HUGS

jimlynn said...

Your blues and greens on this make me happy. What a great color combination! LOVE the watercolor wash in the background and those great images. Love your card Tammy.
Lynn

meg said...

love the colours you used on the stamps and background, fabulous card

Donna said...

Gorgeous card and the colors are fabulous. I like hearing about your plants, nice that your husband has a green thumb. It is anything goes at The House That Stamps Built, would like if you linked up!

Karen Brown said...

Gorgeous background, succulents and color scheme! Very nice card. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Cindy C. said...

How delightful! Thanks for joining in the fun at a2z this month.

Kuni said...

What a fantastic card Tammy, love the great background and the colours.
Hugs
Kuni

Gibby Frogett said...

Fantastic card Tammy!
Love the colours (of course) but those particular shades/tones of the greens and blues just oooze happiness :)
My husband has the 'green thumb' too... our oldest succulent (money plant/jade plant)is about 35yrs old. Sounds like you have an amazing and tall collection :)
Thanks for the lovely comments you left me yesterday..
Wishing you a wonderful weekend..
Gill xx

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hey Tammy! I love this color palette and the way you selectively used the stencil pattern! Very nice! : )
Love,
Red

Heather said...

How pretty!! Love your fabulous background!

Arlene said...

What fun succulents. Wonderful card. So glad you joined A2Z Scrapbooking in the August challenge.

Karen L K said...

A great looking card! Love the colors, images and background. Thanks for joining in over at a2z Scrapbooking.

papierelle said...

Perfect, this card is stunning!! Love it!!
HUgs Gundi

Pia S said...

I love how this card turned out Too, and for pretty much the same reasons as you. I love the succulents and the amazing colors and how everything is put together.

Corinne said...

such a delightful card and fabulous colors..
Thank you for joining us a Polkadoodles Craft Challenge..
hugs

Marlene Atkinson said...

A sweet card, thank you for sharing with us at Polkadoodles. Marlene
DT

Lynn McAuley said...

Wow, do I LOVE this amazing card, Tammy!! What exquisite work!!