Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Nail Polish Art for Dad!

Good morning everyone!

Today starts a new challenge at Back to Basics and Beyond and this time we would like you to create a card/project using the Nail Polish Art Technique!

        I've never used this technique before and had so much fun playing with my nail polish... I found this tutorial online- it was very easy to follow and she gives great tips. 
I created my nail polish marbling with only two colors- a sky blue and lime green, two of my favorite colors. I really like how the lime green thinned out in some areas and turned a yellowish-green. I used a couple of Vera Lane Studio potted cactus plants again, colored them with Copics and fussy cut them out. I used Simon Says Stamp dies for the stitched rectangles and My Favorite Things dies for the sentiment.

I'm going to give this to my dad Sunday for Father's Day and I know he'll get a real kick out of it when I tell him that I used nail polish for the background! :)

That's it for now... thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over to the main challenge blog to check out the rest of the teams beautiful 'Nail Polish' creations!

Challenges I would like to enter:
Addicted to Stamps- For a Boy/Man
Crafty Cardmakers- Masculine 
Cute n Crafty- Father's Day or Card for a Man
Die Cuttin' Divas- Masculine or Father's Day
Dragonfly Dreams- For a Man/Boy
Through the Purple Haze- The Guys have It
Try It On Tuesday- It's A Man's World
Watercooler Wednesday- (C8) All about Occasions

27 comments:

Sherri Thacker said...

Your nail polish background came out so vibrant. I love the end results!!

Donna said...

Such a stunning card, fabulous background and like the succulents, like the colors too! Have a good day Tammi!

Kuni said...

Stunning card Tammy.
Hugs
Kuni

jimlynn said...

I've never seen or heard of that technique but it created a gorgeous background!!! Love the color combination too. Fabulous card for a guy!
Lynn

meg said...

love the background colours Tammy, perfect with those you used on the cacti

*Vicki* said...

Your nail polish technique turned out really awesome! I absolutely love how you've finished your card out with the colors in it too!! It's such a fun technique and it's been a few years since I've done it! Thanks for sharing!

Meggymay said...

A super technique, your Dad will be thrilled to receive this card. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Lucille K said...

Just love the green and blue nail polish background; and the cactus. Your Dad is sure to get a kick out of the nail polish action :)

papierelle said...

Another beautiful card with succulents and a amazing worked background!!
Hugs Gundi

Rachelle Oltean said...

I think this is my favorite DT example for this technique! These colors are wonderful and I really like the image and framing of the different layers. Awesomeness!
Rachelle :)

Monika Reeck said...

Great card for Any DAD who loves the plant
the BG with that technique is coool Tammy
love the color combo
so vibrant and summery
hugs
Monika
PS: I learn Italian so I am not visiting much of my friend blog..I am sorry dear Tammy... :) hugs

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I love those bright happy colors. What a fun card. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Try It on Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful card.

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful card and I love the background you created with the nail polish (I had never heard of it)! I love how vivid your card is, so full of the blue and green colour! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers "masculine" challenge.
Happy Crafting
Glenda

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous card! The background is fabulous! Have never heard of the nail polish technique but I love the effect! Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

Catie Cuddles said...

This is fabulous!
What a great result from the nail polish technique.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x

Dawn Phillips said...

Love the colours you have used. It's perfect for this stamp. Love Dawn x

Davi said...

Ive never heard of this technique but I love the results Tammy!! Love the fun cactus, reminds me of our desert! Very fun colors, sure you dad will love it!!

mum of two said...

Very cool! I need to try that technique... Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
Purple Monkey Moments

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card!! Love the gorgeous background!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Have a great day.
Gerda

jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts said...

This looks fab, I'm so tempted to look for a green polish to add to my collection, if only for crafty purposes! The lime green really looks fab with your blue and those cactus are very cute.
Jenny x

Created by Kath said...

What a great background technique! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

Little Artbee said...

Perfect card with such a fresh color combination, I love it much.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love the background and those colors, xox

Shelly Schmidt said...

Your colors tuned out beautifully! I love the yellow that came from the green and the green and blue colors together. Wonderful!

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

What a lovely background and what a great technique. Thanks for the link. Beautiful fun card with bright colours. Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

Jackie C said...

So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Through the Purple Haze. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ ttph