Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Love You

Good morning everyone!

Today starts a new challenge at Back to Basics and Beyond and this time we would like you to create a card/project using the Salt Technique

I've never used this technique before and had so much fun playing with salt so I have a couple of cards to share with you :)
For my backgrounds I used mixed media paper, watercolors and coarse sea salt. The cute little unicorn is from Bugaboo Stamps, they are colored with Copics and fussy cut out. 
The sentiment was cut with a Simon Says Stamp die, I used a Lawn Fawn die for the grass and Avery Elle dies for the stitched rectangles, the sequins are from my stash. And there you have it... two fun and bright cards that I will donate to my favorite charity!

I hope you can join us and don't forget to pop on over to the main challenge blog to check out the rest of the teams gorgeous cards!

Thanks so much for stopping by... I'll see you soon!

Challenges I would like to enter:
613 Avenue Create- Anything Goes w/Optional Twist: Watercoloring
Creations in Pink- Anything Goes in Mainly Pink (1st card)
Die Cut Divas- Something New (new technique)
Dies R Us- Anything New (new technique)
Papercraft Challenges- Bright Colors
Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday- Try something New (salt technique)
The Creative Crafters- Anything Goes
We Love 2 Create- Always Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes

21 comments:

meg said...

Found this technique fun as well Tammy, love your backgrounds and the cute unicorn images

Diane said...

Wow, both cards are stunning!! Love the pretty bright and happy colors and designs! Your salt technique turned out fabulous!!

Darlene said...

Great job on this technique Tammy! (mine don't come out this good ... must be doing something wrong!) Thanks for inspiration and Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything NEW’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Kuni said...

Wonderful cards Tammy, love the bright colors.
Hugs
Kuni

Catie Cuddles said...

Absolutely love your vibrant cards. They worked so well.
C xxx

*Vicki* said...

I just love seeing the two different colors on your darling unicorn cards Tammy! :) I love the salt technique and you have me itching to play with it again! That unicorn is so darn cute! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Maria said...

What darling cards with the unicorns! Awesome technique...need to give it a try! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us for the challenge!

Pia S said...

Wow, I do love these backgrounds. I’ve never tried this technique, love the result you achieved. And super cute cards!

Donna said...

Your backgrounds are beautiful and the scenes you created with the cute unicorn are darling, I like seeing the same design in two different colors.

Dawn Phillips said...

They are both fab but I have a special love for that pink one. It's so girly. Love Dawn x

Lynn McAuley said...

I have never been successful with this technique, but obviously you have mastered it, Tammy!! These cards look awesome and are perfect Valentines!!

Monika Reeck said...

Tooo cutteee and the technique is coolllll...Love your adoreable BG Tammy..the image way tooo cuteee..luv them both..
Hugz
Monika

Lucille K said...

This technique was new to me too and I like it. Your backgrounds came out so nice and the little unicorn is adorable. Lucille :)

Sheryl said...

Tammy, this technique is a new one to me, but one I'm going to try.
I love the effect it gives. Both your cards are so vibrant and cheerful and the images adorable.
So glad you decided to stop by at 613 Avenue Create. Please come back and visit again soon.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creations, love those backgrounds! I may have to try that technique. Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ DT Sherry x

Arlene said...

The cards turned out just beautiful using that salt technique. So glad you entered the challenge at Die Cut Divas this month.

marzia said...

lovely card. thank you for joining with us - Marzia Dt creative crafters

Ina G said...

Love the results you got with the salt Tammy. I have bought some Rock Salt to use with my sea salt a while back to try this but haven't so far. Time to try it out I think. I'm not sure if it is in the pantry where salt is supposed to be or in my craft room waiting for me to open it. Thanks for sharing both those beaitufl cards.

Terry said...

https://welove2create.blogspot.com/2019/01/challenge-1-anything-goes-at-love-2.html
Thank you for sharing your lovely projects with the DT from We Love To Create Hugs Terry xxx

Monika Reeck said...

As I told you Tammy
this is cute and loove your background that you made
many thanks for playing along with us this time at Papercraft Challenges
Hugs,
Monika (DT)

Mia said...

Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Creations in Pink. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}