Thursday, August 11, 2016

School Girl

Good morning everyone! 

I have a very sweet 'Back to School' card to share with you today. My mom's friend requested a card for her granddaughter who heads off to college in a few weeks and this is what I came up with... 
It features the adorable School Girl image from Tiddly Inks and a super fun sentiment from TLC! She colored with Copics and I used Walnut Stain ink for the distressing. The flower was cut out of an old dictionary using a Spellbinder die, I used a EK punch for the corners and I used MFT dies for the notebook edge, paper clip and clipboard.

I loved making this card... I think it's perfect for a college student :)

Thanks so much for stopping by... your comments make my day!
Tammy x

I would like to enter the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create- Anything Goes w/Optional Twist: Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps and More- (C10Anything Goes
Create with TLC- Anything Goes
Cutie Pie- Cute + Work, Rest or Play- I think you do all of that in college :)
MAWTT- Back to School
Open- Minded- Back to School/Reading
Simply Create TooBack To School

18 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Sooooooooo precious, Tammy! Sensational design for this studious cutie! And how perfect is that sentiment for today's culture! It is a fabulous back to school design!

Pat K said...

Hi Tammy, love your back to school card. Wonderful colours and design with a great sentiment too. Thanks for playing along with us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K x

Wendy L said...

This is perfect for our challenge, it is lovely, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. xxx

Chana Malkah said...

Nicely crafted project, Tammy! I love the color choices and the clean lines of your composition! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Kuni said...

Wonderful card Tammy and great layout.
Hugs
Kuni

Jeannie said...

Hi Tammy! Adorable card! I just love the colors, the word definition, and the colors. She's going to love it :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Tammy this is such a vibrant little school creation. Loving the girl and the flower. Its perfect for our 2nd ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Pia S said...

You never stop to impress me with your color choices. I love this color combo! Your cards are the sweetest and I like how you place everything, your layering is quite different than mine, I can't pinpoint what it is, but it is.

papierelle said...

So beautiful!! I love the image. I also want to go back to the school .. *smile*
Hugs Gundi

Diane Louise J said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely card with the ‘ Back to School’ Challenge. Hope you can join us again.
Diane Louise (DT, Moving Along With The Times Challenge Blog) xx

The Sparkly Fairy said...

A great card- and a very true sentiment! Thank you so much for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More. Good Luck!
Emma - Design Team member

Monika Reeck said...

She is sooo sweet I would like to buy too this cute stamp...and you coloring her adorable...love the flower from old book..super sweet card..she will love it much Tammy...♡♡

Lori said...

Oh, your card is precious! Love the teal and red and that adorable girl with the books!

Helen Gullett said...

This is soooooo sweet and adorable!
Thank You for playing along with Addicted To Stamps and More - Anything Goes Challenge!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so cute. I love the layout and the distressed flower. Great coloring.

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely sweet image and colouring of the image on the card, just perfect for our challenge theme at Cutie Pie challenge, thanks for joining cheers Sue N x

Sandy said...

Love it, lol. A fun card for someone off to college. Great colour scheme and such a great sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun.
Hugs, Sandy DT

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Love your card. Great image and design and I especially love your colour scheme.
Thanks for playing along with us at Open Minded Crafting Fun.
Lynn, OMCF DT