Friday, April 21, 2017

Hydrangea Petals

Good morning everyone and happy Friday!

Today I wanted to share a colorful card that I made using the beautiful Hydrangea Petals die from Simon Says Stamp!
To start- I created a watercolor wash/splatter background with Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Aged Mahogany distress inks. I stamped the corners with a Darkroom Door mesh stamp and I used a Wplus9 stamp for the word mom. I cut several Hydrangea Petals, sponged them with the same distress inks and then added Morning Dew Nuvo Crystal drops to the centers.

This card was so fun to make and I really like how it turned out... I can't wait to make another one using different colors, that way I'll have one for my mom and one for my MIL next month for Mother's day! :) 

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by!

I would like to enter the following challenges:
A Perfect Time to Craft- Always Anything Goes
Creative ArtisteAnything Mixed Media
Fab 'n' Funky- In the Garden
Mixed Media World- Anything Mixed Media + Optional- watercolors
Sasayaki Glitter- Color: Yellow
Simon Says Stamp- Showers or Flowers
Simon Says Stamp Monday- Splash It On!
Sisterhood of Crafters- Stamp It (no digis)
The Stinkin' Inkers- Shower of Flowers

20 comments:

jimlynn said...

I not only like it, I LOVE it! So beautiful in that color!! Love the pretty petals and the background is sensational.
Lynn

Kuni said...

What a fabulous card Tammy, i love the wonderful colors.
Hugs
Kuni

Terri's Cards N More said...

Great background technique and love the color choice. Thanks for joining the Stinkin' Inkers "Shower of Flowers" challenge.

Babs said...

Great background Tammy love the zesty orange and just love your card too.

Hugs Babs x

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow stunning work. I love it. Your background technique is striking and looks just fabulous. Lovely work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/


Darlene said...

This is awesome Tammy! LOVE that background and the overall design is just perfect! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Stamp It’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Donna said...

This is so stunning, love everything about it, the colors, the splatters, the mesh stamp, flowers, such a delightful card Tammy!

Wendy said...

Stunning card Tammy, gorgeous colour & design... love it!
Hugs
Wendy.

Lin said...

Love the mesh and splatters and the wonky edges, Tammy, not to mention the happy colors and flowers! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

papierelle said...

So beautiful, I love the background!!
Hugs Gundi

The Little Stamper said...

I love your card and I think you have done a really great job of creating the monochrome effect whilst sill getting lots of shade and texture in there..

Thanks for sharing at Fab n Funky for our In the Garden challenge this week.

Sharon x

Pat K said...

Fabulous card Tammy...makea me want to bring out my distressed inks. Love the colors and your design. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

Sandra said...

What a fun and vibrant card, love the flowers. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Pia S said...

This card is so many things, contemporary, rustic, elegant and organized messy, I think it's a brilliant look!

Monika Reeck said...

this look so vibrant and adorable Tammy...I agree with Pia it looks rustic vintage chic and great portion of the splatter..this is not your style and I lovvveee this..
any Mom will love to get this card
who is the lucky one?
hugs
Monika

Lynn McAuley said...

So very pretty, Tammy!! I love this bright, cheerful design!!

Scrappin Sue said...

Great card
Thanks for sharing at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenges x

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card !!! Thanks for joining the Stinkin' Inkers "Shower of Flowers" challenge. Hugs Agnieszka chanya13

Jen Leeflang said...

I love the cheerful colours of your card! Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Jen DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/...

Juls said...

So bright & cheerful.. love it xx