Friday, February 1, 2013

Thanksssss!

Happy Friday everone! It's Alphabet Challenge time and today's
letter is... Z for Zig Zags!  I knew immediately what image I wanted to use... this adorable snake from QKR Stampede! I think it's a perfect image for zig zags and he's such a CUTE rattlesnake! LOL!
My husband and I live around some not so cute rattlesnakes!!  We actually live steps away from a Plains Conservation area... so we have our share of wildlife (coyotes, foxes, antelope & tons of gorgeous birds) and a snake or two!  We love it out here... and we take all  necessary precautions when it comes to our JRT Quinn!  I try to walk everyday and in the heat of the summer we are nowhere near this area or any of the trails because a rattlesnake could be "sunning"!  Also, my fur baby is never allowed to roam the backyard by himself in the pitch dark... I don't want a coyote to hop over the fence for a visit!  We make sure our little guy is safe and sound at all times! ...and speaking of my little guy, look what his Grammy bought him for Christmas! :)   OMGosh what a cutie!  I love his new jacket and it's perfect for our very cold and snowy walks!  
Anyway, back to my card... my image is colored with Copics and cut out with the Large Deckled nesties and then I sponged around the edges.  The sentiment is from C.C. Designs and the bg is embossed with the CB Tiny Bubbles folder.  I used my new MFT Chevron die to create the zig zags and to finish it up I added a hand dyed bow.

 For more inspiration be sure to stop by the challenge blog and take a look at the DT fabulous creations!      
Thanks so much for stopping by and I will see you tomorrow!

Challenges I would like to enter:
CCEE Stampers- Hot... snakes love the hot temperatures!
Cards Galore- One for the Men
Crafts and Me- Fav. embellishment (hand dyed seam binding/ribbon) 
Crafty Ribbons- Anything goes w/ Ribbon
For Fun Challenges- (C10) Thank you
 Raise The Bar- Animal Attraction
 Sentimental Sundays- Thank you
The Perfect Sentiment- Anything goes with a Die Cut + Sentiment
The Squirrel & the Fox- Something New (image & Chervron dies)
Tuesday AlchemyAnything Goes

25 comments:

Misty's said...

Hi Tammy
I could not imagine myself living where you are. I would have to grow wings and fly through the air to avoid such a wild life. I am freaked out if I see a litte spider in our house never mind wrestling snakes, coyotes and God knows what else (LOL).
Saying that loving your card and finding the image very cute. Love the embossing and the zig zags too.
Michaela xx

Unknown said...

Aww what a fun card Tammy, and so colourful... nice place you live there ha ha but not the rattlesnakes I think :P .. lovely photo of your little doggy too. That jacket looks so nnice :)

Pia S said...

Oh my, this is so cute! And cool! The embossed pattern and chevron borders are perfect for your snake themed card, and what a fun matching sentiment! Love it!

Helen Dooley said...

Oh So LOVE thisssss. this is too cute. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at For Fun!

jimlynn said...

Well, now Tammy, I've just NEVER seen a cute rattlesnake - but this one really is!!! VERY cute and love the colors. We have the snakes, coyotes, and all that other fine stuff too - keeps life interesting!!! LOL!
Love your pup and his new jacket!!! SUPER cute.
Lynn

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very cute and unusual card. Thanks for playing at CR.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Tammy! I'm sorry your rattlesnakes are not as sweet as this adorable image you have so beautifully colored and shaded LOL Too bad Mother Nature cannot be more cooperative. We have seen rattlers around here, too, but lately, the black snakes and indigos seem to be keeping them away. Your puppy is sweet as can be! Back to your card - love the cactus coloring and the matching embossed CS in the back - and the zig-zag border looks magical! Wonderful card!

Tress said...

Your little guy is so adorable in his new jacket! The fur around the hood is too cute! Oh, and your card is fabulous too! Love the embossed background!

Unknown said...

This is adorable! I just love the embossing and the strips of color along the bottom :)

Vickie ODell said...

This is the 2nd time I've stopped at your card. I'm really attracted to the embossing and chevron stripes that coordinate so well with your image. That sentiment is great, too. Thanks for sharing your art with us at The Perfect Sentiments Challenge.

Message Keeper said...

Saw your card from one of the challenge blogs. Your card caught my attention as you used snake in your card. This is because this Lunar Chinese New Year is Snake Year and I made a card or two with snake themed cards but my snake image is limited to one. When I saw your card, I am just so happy as I found another snake image! Please visit my blog at http://messagekeeper.blogspot.com/2013/02/happy-snake-year-2.html for the Snake Year card! :)

Tracey said...

This is wonderful Tammy, I love the colours :)
Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Great card and coloring. Thanks for joining us this week for the Sentimental Sundays challenge. Please join us again soon.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

So cute! Love your snake and vivid colors. Thanks for joining the CCEE Stampers!

Sue B said...

Oh what a fab image Tammy... I love it ! and your colouring is perfection! Love the embossing… it's like snake skin! and thoe zig zags look wonderful !! it's a gorgeous card! :-)
Aww your furbaby is SO cute… I love his new jacket… he looks all warm and snug!! :-))
Hope you are having a good weekend!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Angela said...

Love the texture on your card! Great coloring - I love the warm colors - I could use a little sunning myself! lol

Thanks for playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays!

Inky hugs,
Angi

Anonymous said...

AW!! I have to first say how sweet your pup is!! LOL!! Darling outfit!! Your card is really adorable with the embossing and fab colors!! I love it!! HUGS

carol said...

lovely creation... thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

MagsB said...

Oh how adorable your JRT is in his little coat! Just too cute!

Fab card, too, the image makes me think of Kaa in Disney's 'The Jungle Book' - love that film! What fantastic, bright colours you've used, and the embossed background looks so right! Thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox!

love Mags B x

Unknown said...

First of all your pup is just adorable!

Love your card as well - great work :)

Thanks for playing along with us at The Perfect Sentiment!

Katy said...

This card makes me so happy! I love the colors and the snake-and the sentiment too! So wonderful! Thank you so much for joining us at For Fun Challenges! :)

Davi said...

Tammy this card is soooo darn cute that it almost makes me forget how not cute the rattlers are. My husband was bit by one on our backyard a couple years ago, not good! Here in the desert we also share the space with coyotes, snakes, quail and lots of bugs. I never walk at night because of the snakes. Your little guy is so cute with his warm coat ;)

Shannon White said...

Too Darned CUTE Miss Tammy!! So funny to say this about a rattle snake, lol. I think if I ever saw one up close and personal I'd take off running, lol 8-) But this one is a Cutie for sure! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous card Tammy. Loving the zig zags. Your little fur baby is the cutest ever.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

~*Joni said...

Oh Tammy this is too cute! What an adorable image, the colors of the card are so perfectly southwestern. Thank you for playing along in our Animal challenge this week at Raise The Bar! ~*Joni RTB DT